December 14, 2006

The Hibachi



In recent Gilbert Arenas Blog news, he has taken to hissing the words "The Hibachi!" after every shot he makes.

As in, his game is so hot that he's got the hibachi grill out. As in, the traditional Japenese grill that gets really hot (note that Gilbert's forays into Hibachi slang have already been noted in the Wikipedia world).

His recent postings on the subject:

I brang out the hibachi against Dallas. That’s when I first started saying it, that I was the "hibachi."

It was some legal terms with one of my teammates. I had to buy the name from him. Brendan Haywood, he takes all the good names and waits for someone to buy it, so I had to buy the hibachi grill from him.

He’s been saying it, like if somebody did it to us he would be like, “Oh man, you got the hibachi grill tonight.”


AND

Me and Antawn turned on the hibachi grill and we was cookin’.

Every time I make it, every time I shot the ball, I screamed out, “Hibachi!”


Important note: he is willing to pay ca$h money to his teammate for the rights to a sweet catch phrase in order to improve his marketability.

More important note: he is willing to scream the catch phrase he paid ca$h money for at the top of his lungs in sold-out arenas while being broadcast on national television.

Question: Is there a more interesting player in the NBA today?

Answer:
I think not. I will keep you posted on all things involving The Hibachi and The Takeover. Even if you're really not that interested.

2 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

brang? brang. nice one.

 
At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, i'm sure you saw the black president drop 60 on kobe and the lakers. the hibachi was SIZZLING for sure.
love from brooklyn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home